April Student of the Month!
Well hey there! It's time for our April student of the month!
Mallory started poling in summer of 2019 and has been brightening the studio with her chaotic antics ever since. We've asked Mallory a few questions.
1. How long have you been doing pole/aerial? I have been doing pole for almost 2 years (it will be two years in June).
2. What got you interested in trying pole/aerial? I started doing pole during a really strange time in my life. I hadn't been very active at all and was in a mentally weird place, so one of my friends suggested trying pole as a fun and active thing for us to do together on Tuesday nights. I got hooked and now I am a studio dweller.
3. What is your favorite pole move or spin? I really like entering ayesha from a layback or from brassmonkey.
4. What's your current nemesis move? My current nemesis move is an aerial shoulder mount — my a$$ feels like it weighs a million pounds, but I'll get there someday. Oh, also handstands... and sitting up from brass monkey LOL.
5. What's something you found surprising about pole? (If anything): The most surprising thing about pole (and also the most satisfying thing) is that the first time you try a new move your body & brain are confused and you can't always figure it out, but the next day you're like "PSSSHh this is easy, I know exactly what to do." That muscle memory, man, it's wild.
6. What's your favorite food? Favorite foods are tied between Takis (shout out Gaby), hummus from Happy Greek, and sushi.
7. Favorite song to jam to? Recently I've been jamming to Don't Want You by Ella Mai, Celebrity Skin by Hole, a lot of Billie Eyelash, Phantogram & Say Anything, and I like to scream/cry You Oughta Know by Alanis Morissette.
8. Do you have any advice for people wanting to try pole? My advice is to JUST DO IT!!!! No one is judging you and if they are F them! Pole is so empowering and rewarding AND it makes you feel like a bad b!tch!!! It doesn't feel like working out, it feels like going to hang out with friends while also half naked and throwing yourself around a piece of metal. What's more fun than that?! Plus the Studio Rouge community is so incredibly supportive and fun. I'm eternally thankful to Tammy and Gaby and everyone that goes to the studio for creating such an incredible environment and for giving me so many great memories. 🥰
Read this last bit one more time! #justdoit